AFFIDAVIT OF PARA-SPOUSES
We, _____________________ and ____________________, on this _____ day of _______________,20__
do hereby certify and hold ourselves out to our family, friends and the community as Para-spouses.
We hereby attest to the following:
1. We are each other’s sole Para-spouse and intend to remain so indefinitely.
2. Neither one of us is married to another individual.
3. We are both over 18 years of age and mentally competent to consent to this contract.
4. We are not related by blood to a degree of closeness which would prohibit legal marriage in ________________, the state in which we legally reside.
5. By signing this Affidavit, we acknowledge that we reside together in the same residence, have done so continuously for the past six (6) months and intend to do so indefinitely.
6. We are jointly responsible for each other’s common welfare and financial obligation, and by signing this Affidavit, we acknowledge our joint financial responsibilities.
1. In the event that our Para-spouse relationship shall terminate, we will provide each other written notice of the change of intentions and this shall be confirmed by both Para-spouses.
2. We acknowledge that unless otherwise titled as joint property or purchased as joint property, all real, personal, tangible and intangible property brought into the relationship shall remain the separate and distinct property of each party. All jointly held property shall be divided on an equal basis between the parties.
3. Upon termination, each Para-spouse acknowledges that no subsequent contract and Affidavit of Para-spouse shall be entered into for a minimum of twelve (12) months after written notification of termination.
1. We understand that we remain jointly and severally liable on claims brought by persons and/or companies who suffer any loss due to any false statements contained in this signed Affidavit.
2. We affirm, under penalty of perjury, that the assertions in this signed Affidavit are true to the best of our knowledge.
3. We understand that this Affidavit is a legal document. We are aware that some jurisdictions recognize non-marriage relationships such as common-law marriage, as the equivalency of marriage for the purpose of establishing and dividing community property and finances.
WITNESS our hands and seal this ____ day of _______________, 20__.
STATE OF _________________
COUNTY OF ________________
The foregoing instrument was acknowledged before me on the ______ day of ________________, 20___ by ______________ and_______________.
My commission expires: